Medknow Publications is one of the largest open access publishers in the world, publishing peer reviewed, online, and print-plus-online journals in medicine on behalf of learned societies and associations. Medknow mainly operates the “Platinum” model of open access publishing, providing immediate free access to online journals with no charge to the author or author’s institution for submission, processing, or publication.
Medknow journals use a simple, bespoke online manuscript submission system, Journal on Web (JoW), considerably decreasing the article processing time from submission to publication.
Why publish with Medknow journals
- Immediate open access: Higher visibility, greater research impact
- Online manuscript submission and review: quicker turnaround of manuscripts
- No submission charges: No author fee for submission or publication in most of the Medknow journals (“Platinum” open access).
- International visibility: Through Medknow’s bibliographic databases, open access, and presence on the Ovid search platform
- Higher visibility: “Search across all journals” facility at all of Medknow’s journal sites
- Self-archiving permitted
For more information on specific Medknow journals, please visit